International Management Development Programme (IMDP)
In order to help countries improve the management of health programmes, The Union has designed a series of courses that address challenges faced by national programme managers and healthcare administrators in limited-resource settings. The Union’s International Management Development Programme (IMDP) strengthens health systems by training health professionals in the specific management competencies that are essential for healthcare programmes to provide quality care for patients.
IMDP courses address key issues, such as:
- Developing budgets that meet governmental and/or donor requirements
- Organising and training healthcare staff at different levels
- Coordinating the procurement and management of medicines and supplies
- Handling human resources issues, such as motivating overworked staff
- Creating communications plans to disseminate important health messages
- Adhering to practices needed to monitor and evaluate programme performance
Course details and further information
For complete details, click on the course titles below or download our 2016 brochure. For additional information about the IMDP, visit union-imdp.org.
You may also contact us by email if you have questions: email@example.com
IMDP participants are eligible to earn continuing education units (CEUs) and continuing medical education (CMEs). The IMDP is accredited both by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP).
Please note: the official language for these courses is English.