A specific process is followed to manage cases of plagiarism. PHA follows the guidelines contained in the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) flowcharts
For suspected plagiarism in a published article
- The person who advised us of the situation is informed about the process to be followed.
- The articles are compared to check the degree of copying.
- All Editors of PHA are informed and asked for their comments.
- The corresponding author of the article in question is contacted, with documentary evidence of plagiarism and asking for a response.
- If the authors are judged to have engaged in plagiarism
- The editor of the journal in which the original plagiarised article was published and the authors of the plagiarised article are informed
- PHA publishes an official retraction of the paper
- the online version of the PHA article is withdrawn from the Ingenta host site, and
- PHA will not publish any article by any of the authors concerned for a period of 5 years.