The Union's strategy for combating TB and HIV with coordinated and integrated methods includes measures and resources to scale up participating countries' health-care systems, capacity building and drug and equipment procurement.
In addition to specific project work, The Union achieves these objectives through:
- technical assistance (TA) missions through which HIV and TB/HIV experts provide support to national governments and ministries of health
- operational research (OR)
- training courses on TB/HIV collaborative activities
- development of HIV core content for international TB courses
- participation in international working groups and committees
- participation in international conferences