As an individual member, you will benefit from the following:
- Stay up to date on the latest research: You will receive the print and/or online edition of the monthly peer-reviewed International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (Impact factor 2011: 2.731)
- Work with colleagues around the world: By joining the scientific section of your choice, you can affiliate with colleagues in other countries to gain valuable insight and experience in conducting research, writing papers and making presentations.
- Gain a regional perspective: You also become affiliated with other members and organisations in your region and can become active in developing conferences, workshops, newsletters and other projects that help promote lung health in your region.
- Access resources developed by experts: Many online resources from The Union, including technical guides and other publications, are available at no charge. If you receive the print edition of the IJTLD, you may also order complimentary print editions of most publications.
- Participate in Union conferences at a discount: You will receive a discount on your registration for The Union World Conference on Lung Health. Discounts on regional conferences may also be offered.
- Keep in touch: Find out what’s happening in lung health around the world through our Union Services membership site, The Union E-News and website and our Facebook community.
- Help shape the future of lung health: As a member you will participate in the governance of The Union and have a voice in its development.
To learn more about additional benefits for constituent and organisational members, please contact us
Getting more involved
As a membership organisation, The Union offers many opportunities to participate in its programming and governance. Some examples include:
- Serving as an scientific section officer
- Planning and coordinating scientific section activities
- Share your news with other members via The Union websites
- Organising and leading a working group
- Serving as a region officer
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Planning a conference seminar, workshop or post-graduate course
- Participating in the annual General Assembly
To learn more about The Union’s structure, click here.