Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (IJTLD) is owned and published by The Union. The IJTLD's main aim is the continuing education of physicians and other health personnel, and the dissemination of the most up-to-date information in the field of tuberculosis and respiratory diseases. It publishes original articles and commissioned reviews not only on the clinical and biological aspects of pneumology, but also - and more importantly - on community aspects.
With its emphasis on lung health in developing countries, the IJTLD encourages submissions that incorporate:
- fundamental research,
- the elaboration, implementation and assessment of field projects, and
- action programmes for tuberculosis control and the promotion of lung health.
The IJTLD welcomes articles on all aspects of lung health, including public health related issues such as training programmes, cost-benefit analysis, legislation, epidemiology, intervention studies and health systems research.
Science citation index rating
The Impact Factor of the IJTLD is 2.731 (2011)
Indexing and Abstracting Services
The Journal is indexed and/or abstracted in the following media: Index Medicus/Medline, Medlars, Excerpta Medica/EMBASE, SciSearch®, Medical Documentation Service®, ISI Alerting Services, Current Contents®/Clinical Medicine, the Science Citation Index®, the SIIC databases, CLOCKSS and LOCKSS.
The IJTLD is printed on acid-free paper and in electronic format.
- Frequency: monthly
- Circulation: 900 print, 3000 online worldwide
- ISSN: print version 1027-3719; online version 1815-7920
- Excess page charge: 200 € per page (over 6 pp for original articles, 10 pp for reviews, 3 pp for short communications), for all articles submitted as of 1 July 2011
- Online supplementary material: 100 € charge – unlimited length
- Permission requests: Please contact Clare Pierard, Managing Editor, IJTLD Editorial Office